Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Woman udderly shocked!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Woman udderly shocked!

    Mother Asked To Leave Houston's Restaurant For Breastfeeding In Public

    Mother upset after being kicked out of store for breast-feeding her baby



    BOCA RATON, Fla. - A new mom is at the center of controversy after she was asked to leave a Houston's restaurant for breast-feeding her infant.

    Simone Bertucci, the mother of a 5-month-old baby boy, Marcello, is speaking up.

    "I didn't know what my rights were," Bertucci said.

    She was breast-feeding her infant son during a family dinner at Houston's when management asked her to leave.

    "I wanted to cry," Bertucci said. "I wanted to crawl under the table like I did something wrong, but I didn't do anything wrong."

    Bertucci said she finished feeding her son in her car and came back inside the restaurant.

    "I'm humiliated," she said. "I really am. I am in shock."

    After consulting a family attorney, Bertucci said she found out that the Houston's restaurant violated her rights.

    "I want all women to be aware of it," she said. "We do have rights and there is nothing wrong with nursing your baby in public."

    According to a Florida law, women have an unconditional right to breast-feed anywhere, public or private, covered or uncovered.

    "This is the most natural thing we could do for our babies and I just wanted to be heard that we have nothing to hide," Bertucci said. "We really don't."

    While the law states that women have an unconditional right to breast-feed anywhere, personal opinions are still vary about public breast-feeding.

    "I would say if it was covered, I think it would be okay," a woman said.

    "I think it's a natural thing," a passerby said.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mm38nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woman udderly shocked!

    I have no problem with a woman breast feeding a child in public...Its no different than pulling a bottle out to feed them...
    [img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/bostonkisses/snapshot.jpg[/img]


    [url="http://www.thepinksquirrel.com"]http://www.thepinksquirrel.com[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •